There is a general ruckus and constant debate over the logic and gravity of homework in school. The number of people who are against the formula is increasing exponentially. However, those who wish the kids to come out as a disciplined lot are quietly in favor of the venture.
Experts tend to take a mixed view on the subject. This is not to suggest that they do not relate to some high points of daily school assignments. Here are five of them –
- The discipline factor – Teachers cannot practically keep an eye on each and every student in class. In this sense, assignments are a statutory way to make sure you pay attention to your studies for some time on a daily basis. After all, inability to submit assignments leads to punishment.
- Updating factor – You cannot furnish your assignments without gaining some knowledge of the subject. Thus, you keep updating yourself with the ongoing education imparted in classes. You stay revised.
- Exam preparation – There are quite a few students who treat their assignment copies as an efficient chart for exam preparation. They just have to go through their assignments and get a fair idea of the problems and questions that may come in exams.
- Striking a balance – You naturally acquire the reflex to separate and balance work with pleasure. You understand that it may be detrimental to be distracted during studies. As it is, you hardly get distracted during play. This tenet is actually applicable in every facet of life.
- Kill the dread – Think of a lane you fear going into and suddenly you have to go there every day. You feel awkward for a few days and then, gradually your fear subsides. The same happens with assignments. The dread that a subject, say, Math affects you with diminishes gradually as you have to deal with it daily or on every alternate day. Thus, you become more accommodating of studies.
The problematic part
Actually, these benefits cannot be argued. What has placed homework in a spot of bother is the fact that most schools pester the kids with too much of it. If teachers understand this and invoke a rather lenient burden on kids, they may just begin to enjoy it.
Meanwhile, the above pointers are what the experts have to suggest about the benefit of daily assignments. Rack your brain and see if you can out with some more plausible benefits.